Department InformationThis position is open to current Colorado residents only.
Please note: This recruitment may be used to fill multiple vacancies Work Unit:
Administrative Solutions, Division of Human Resources (HR) exists to provide decentralized human resource services to the general public, applicants, managers and employees who work for the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS). Consultation services include: benefit administration; compensation; employee relations; exam development; HR policy development; job analysis; job evaluation and classification; organizational development; New Employee Orientation; performance management; interpretation of CDHS HR policy, state personnel rules, state and federal employment laws; progressive discipline; records management; recruitment; responding to grievances, appeals, charges of discrimination; reorganization issues; retention; selection and selection appeals; settlement advice; strategic planning and overall HR guidance to CDHS managers, supervisors and employees. Opt in below to receive text message updates on CDHS recruiting events! CDHSCareers Description of JobWhat you will be doing:
The purpose of this position is to ensure that HR strategies align with unique and sometimes competing organizational objectives, strategies, initiatives, and culture. This positions will:
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal RightsMinimum Qualifications:
- C onduct training for CDHS leadership and staff on job evaluation and position description requirements and best practices.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring based on client needs.
- Provide proactive HR consultation to assigned customers throughout the organization pertaining to job evaluation, position description creation and maintenance, and compensation analysis and recommendations, workforce planning, recruitment and selection, and compensation planning.
- Responsible for reviewing, updating, inputting data, and approving Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) in the eClearance system for all assigned client groups. Evaluates and determines that PAFs are complete with all required information and documentation prior to final HR approval.
- Two years experience in HR business writing and consulting with customers in evaluating and developing position descriptions.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited College or University in Human Resources, Business Management, Psychology, or other related field.
- Additional applicable education will substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Additional years of direct experience will substitute for education on a year for year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Effective Team collaboration
- Proficiency in understanding the fundamentals of compensation (basic understanding of compensation processes)
- Strong critical thinking skills and problem solving skills
- Previous experience in healthcare recruiting
- Experience sourcing candidates
- Ability to work autonomously
- Proven expertise in federal, state, and local employment laws, regulations, statutes, and rules;
- SPCP Job Evaluation certification and/or SPCP Selection certification
- Exemplary critical thinking/problem solving skills: ability to research, collect and analyze data and provide recommendations; ability to synthesize, interpret, and report on complex or technical information, use intuition and experience to complement data,
- Excellent organizational skills; the ability to set and track goals and timetables to achieve maximum productivity
- Strong customer service skills
- The successful candidate in this position will be willing to submit to and able to successfully pass a criminal background check.
- The successful candidate in this position will also possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be able to independently travel throughout the Denver metro area using personal transportation or a state vehicle to conduct customer visits.
- Former State employees who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on the application and provide an explanation why the prior termination or resignation should not disqualify the applicant from the current position. Absent extraordinary circumstances, prior disciplinary termination or resignation in lieu of termination will disqualify the applicant from future State employment with CDHS.
- Effective September 20, 2021, employees will be required to attest to and verify whether or not they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Employees who have not been fully vaccinated may be required to submit to serial testing in the future. Upon hire, new employees will have thirty (30) business days to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination. Vaccinated employees must provide proof of vaccination. Note: Fully Vaccinated means two (2) weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series of the COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two (2) weeks after the single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine, as defined by the most recent State of Colorado's Public Health Order and current guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
- On or after October 31, 2021, each facility shall ensure all newly hired employees, direct contractors, or support staff members are fully vaccinated at the time of hire, or receive their first dose of a two-dose protocol, or a single-dose vaccination, prior to providing any care, treatment, or other services for the facility and/or its clients.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for this position, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board or request a review by the State Personnel Director.
An appeal or review must be submitted on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative. This form must be delivered to the State Personnel Board by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), postmarked in US Mail or hand delivered (1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver CO 80203), or faxed (303.866.5038) within ten (10) calendar days from your receipt of notice or acknowledgement of the department's action.
For more information about the appeals process, the official appeal form, and how to deliver it to the State Personnel Board; go to spb.colorado.gov ; contact the State Personnel Board for assistance at (303) 866-3300; or refer to 4 Colorado Code of Regulations (CCR) 801-1, State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, Chapter 8, Resolution of Appeals and Disputes, at spb.colorado.gov under Rules. Supplemental InformationHow to Apply The Assessment Process For additional recruiting questions, please contact grace.healy @state.co.us. About Us:
If your goal is to build a career that makes a difference, consider joining the dedicated people of the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS). Our professionals strive to design and deliver high quality human and health services that improve the safety, independence, and well-being of the people of Colorado. In addition to a great location and rewarding and meaningful work, we offer:
- Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement benefits including a PERA Defined Benefit Plan or PERA Defined Contribution Plan www.copera.org plus 401(k) and 457 plans
- Medical and dental health plans
- Employer supplemented Health Savings Account
- Paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- 11 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- BenefitHub state employee discount program
- Employee Wellness program MotivateMe
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training and more
- Remote work arrangements for eligible positions
*Some positions may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. For more
information, go to https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dhr/student-loan-forgiveness-programs . Our Values: We believe in a people-first approach:
To serve the people of Colorado, we develop a culture and work environment that creates an energized, inspired, and healthy team capable of giving their best to Coloradans . Balance creates quality of life:
We want our team to be resilient through a supportive workplace that values flexibility, health and wellness, and employee engagement. We hold ourselves accountable:
We take responsibility through our actions, programs, and results for the state of health and human services in Colorado. Transparency matters:
We are open and honest with employees, our partners, the Coloradans we serve, and the public. We are ethical:
We abide by what is best for those we serve by doing what is right, not what is easy. Collaboration helps us rise together:
We work together with all partners, employees, and clients to achieve the best outcomes for Coloradans. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff and providing culturally responsive programs and services. Therefore, we encourage responses from people of diverse backgrounds and abilities. ADAA Accommodations:
CDHS is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our ADAAA Coordinator, Nancy Schmelzer, at email@example.com or call 1-800-929-0791. ~THE STATE OF COLORADO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER~ Toll Free Applicant Technical Support