Job Posting End Date: June 20
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 36 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's two distinct, but similarly focused US businesses - Unum US and Colonial Life - are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace. Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum also has significant US operations in Portland, Maine and Baton Rouge, Louisiana - and over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide.General Summary:
The Inside Sales Consultant - Digital Offerings is a key partner in helping grow our client base by delivering innovative, efficient, and effective services through the Solutions organization. The role will be primarily responsible for growing the revenue of the Expanded Solutions portfolio via a consultative sales approach. The successful candidate will partner with Expanded Solutions business development leadership to develop a winning playbook that acquires new logos.
This position will require the Consultant to demonstrate an excellent understanding of FMLA and paid leave, the Solutions Offering Consultant must demonstrate excellent ability to build and manage enterprise business development relationships.Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the growth of new annual revenue targets via business development and distribution partner growth efforts
- Determine optimal offering within Unum's Leave Continuum by identifying appropriate capabilities matching customers' needs & pain points
- Partner with Product Team to provide technical guidance and demonstrate knowledge of the Expanded Solutions offerings
- Produce scoping documents to be used in RFP process
- Engage partners across distribution sales teams, Expanded Solutions, and Unum field to gather all required information to appropriately scope opportunities
- Build, develop, and manage an enterprise sales pipeline by targeting VP level and above contacts
- Serve as a subject matter expert for technology solutions that support the leave of absence industry
- Use Salesforce and CPQ to gather and store data
- Assist with delivering at customer forums and broker and industry events
- Partner with Expanded Solutions leadership teams to target, engage, demo, and close high-profile clients
- Build strong working relationships with internal teams, product, customer success, business development, and matrixed distribution teams
- May perform other duties as assigned
- BA/BS or equivalent related work experience required
- Experience in the employee benefits, SaaS, or HR Tech industry preferred
- FMLA and/or leave experience desired
- Three to five years of full cycle Account Executive or Business Development experience selling into fortune 500 companies
- Demonstrated success building pipelines, contracting, and closing in the range of $100k - $500k ARR
- Skill in Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.
- Solid critical thinking/analytical reasoning skills
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to be persuasive and to negotiate
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Exhibit a commitment to quality and personal ownership of results with an entrepreneurial focus
- Demonstrated success with consultative sales
- Strong sense of urgency and time management skills
- Work across products, services, and departments effectively
- Energetic, outgoing, thrives in a high-volume environment
- Takes initiative/Results oriented
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best - both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay For Equal Work Act, if you are a resident of the state of Colorado and wish to review the salary information for a role posted in Colorado, please fill out the form below and our Unum HR representative will reply to your inquiry within three business days.
Colorado's Equal Pay For Equal Work Act
In accordance with New York City Human Rights Law, if you wish to review the salary information for a role posted in New York City, please fill out this form and our Unum HR representative will reply to your inquiry within three business days.
New York City Human Rights Law