Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2021-2022) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research and Support Services to name a few. Across all locations, you'll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you'll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.Position description
This position can work from anywhere and reports to VP of Product Management, Platform. Some travel to one or more of our Mayo Clinic Platform and vendor locations may be required ( ). Direction and oversight may also be provided by other members of the Mayo Clinic Platform (MCP) Sr. leadership team. The Director, Data Asset Management may need to collaborate with physicians and administrative roles across Mayo Clinic Platform Customers, Mayo Clinic Platform Construction Partners, Mayo Clinic Practice, Centers, Sites, Shields, and Shared Services to obtain input for developing product-related recommendations. Serves customers of MCP, both internal and external to Mayo Clinic.
The Mayo Clinic Platform Data Asset is a core network of data providing services to all MCP products and customers. The primary role of this position is to create and lead a world class, one-of-a-kind network of de-identified secure data assets for healthcare. This position will also be responsible for ensuring any use of PHI by MCP meets all best-in-class security and privacy protections and is compliant with all privacy protecting rules and regulations. This position is a critical member of the technology team driving its early-stage formation and thus has many critical responsibilities. The Director of Data Asset Management's primary responsibilities include: Development and management of the MCP data asset roadmap, management of all data assets owned, operated by MCP or one of its construction partners, acquisition and integration management of all new data assets and capabilities, data asset roadmap, communications and leadership.
Internal and External Customer Management:
- Ensure the needs for the existing MCP customer are met by managing and developing deep relationships.
- Define characteristics of profitable data capabilities and services.
- Manage a portfolio of customer relationships.
- Act as a mediator on difficult customer issues, including identification and management of intellectual property.
- Is an end-user expert who develops valuable and meaningful long-term relationships with clients/customers that are an important asset to the overall MCP product development process and pipeline.
- Ensure on-time delivery of customer requirements.
- Provide seamless onboarding experiences for new customers when identified.
- For internal customers, works across Mayo Departments, Divisions, Centers, and Shields to ensure broad usage.
- Collects customer feedback and works with MCP leadership to inform data asset roadmap based on customer input.
- Working in concert with VP, Data & Analytics, acts as a facilitator, champion and generator of new ideas and data opportunities and technologies. Advises and assists with strategic expansion of MCP product offerings.
- Ensure all future relationships utilizing MCP data does not jeopardize the data de-identification certification.
- Drive maintenance of data de-identification certification by working with third party experts.
- In partnership with MCP leadership, develop user stories that can be used for communications, publications and sales materials.
- Oversee content development and present that content to internal and external customers in a clear and concise format.
- Documented ability to efficiently and successfully interact with senior leadership from across MCP customer base including Mayo Clinic leadership.
- As the MCP team expands, it is expected this role will add additional team members.
- The candidate will be expected to build a world class team of healthcare data professionals to support the MCP data asset.
- Responsibilities will include hiring, mentoring or training, and supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree or 15+ years in a Healthcare Information Technology leadership role.
- 5+ years' experience with healthcare data, healthcare data interoperability and healthcare data standards.
- 5+ years working in an enterprise data asset, experience with data scientist and informaticists.
- Proven background with data governance in an enterprise or enterprise supporting scale or setting.
- EMR, or Clinical System implementation experience
- Experience with AI model development, coding, and execution
- Experience with SQL programing
$140,878.40 - $204,276.80 / yearBenefits eligible
Full TimeHours / Pay period
Monday - Friday
This position may work remotely from any location within the US.Weekend schedule
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.Recruiter
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.